From caring for the youngest children to cultural promotion
Established in 1949 at the initiative of the Bonomo family to honor the memory of Lorenzo and Giacinta Bonomo, the Foundation has gone through decades of commitment and transformation, always keeping alive its original spirit: caring for the land and the people who inhabit it.
Caring, welcoming and social engagement
The origins of the Fondazione Bonomo date back to after World War II, when it was established as the “Lorenzo and Giacinta Bonomo” Children’s Assistance Board.. The first years were dedicated to caring for children: a concrete commitment that took shape in 1950 with the construction of a modern pediatric ward within the Andria Hospital, equipped with 110 beds and cutting-edge equipment, later officially donated to the city hospital on July 1, 1969.
In 1957, thanks to the energy and generosity of Professor Vincenzo Bonomo and his brother, Dr. Franco Bonomo, the Foundation’s headquarters was established on the slopes of Castel del Monte. Over the years, it has welcomed and supported over 260 children from struggling families in the area.
Over the decades, the Bonomo Foundation has evolved, always keeping the welfare of people and the growth of the area at the center.
A concrete commitment driven by vision, generosity and a deep sense of social responsibility.
A new chapter
In 1978, to ensure a solid future for the institution, most of the real estate was donated to the Province of Bari (now the Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani), which transformed the facility into an agricultural research center.
However, a part of the complex was kept autonomous, and with the legal recognition of the Apulia Region in 1986, the Bonomo Foundation began a new chapter: that of cultural promotion, always with an eye on the enhancement of Apulia and its excellence.
